Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials. The access management is usually handled by the company administrators. CodeInterview supports SAML based single sign-on which can be set up with many popular Identity Providers. Here are the steps to set up SSO with Okta.
You’ll need to contact CodeInterview support indicating that you would like us to enable SAML 2.0 for your account. Once SSO is enabled for your account, the main billing account can manage SSO under Settings.
Steps to Set up with Okta
- Login into the Okta's Admin dashboard and click Applications from the top navigation. You should see the following screen:
- Click Add Application and then click Create New App button on the left.
- Select SAML 2.0 and click Create. You should now see the following screen:
- Enter App name: Code Interview and you can optionally add our logo. Click Next. You should now see the following screen:
- You can get the URL for the field "Single sign on URL" from your CodeInterview's Settings > SSO page as seen below:
- Once you have entered the URL into Okta, fill "Audience URI (SP Entity ID)" field on Okta with "CodeInterview". Leave the rest of the fields untouched and click Next. You should arrive at the following screen:
- Select "I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app" option and click Finish.
Your app is created in Okta, you should now see the following screen, click View Setup Instructions button:
You should now see the following screen:
- Head over to CodeInterview's SSO setting page and copy the three fields (SSO URL, IdP Issuer, and Certificate) from Okta to CodeInterview.
- Click Save on CodeInterview's page to save your SSO settings.
You have successfully set up SSO between Okta and CodeInterview 🎉
Managing Access to Code Interview
To give Code Interview access to your teammates, head over to Okta's Admin dashboard and click Applications and select Assign to Users from the dropdown beside Code Interview app:
Click Assign beside the names of people you want to give access to and click Done.
Note: Do not change "User Name" field when assigning, it should default to the email of the user.
The assigned user will now see Code Interview in their Okta homepage which they can click to access their Code Interview account: