Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials. The access management is usually handled by the company administrators. CodeInterview supports SAML based single sign-on which can be set up with many popular Identity Providers. Here are the steps to set up SSO with Google Suite.
You’ll need to contact CodeInterview support indicating that you would like us to enable SAML 2.0 for your account. Once SSO is enabled for your account, the main billing account can manage SSO under Settings.
Steps to Set up with GSuite
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps > SAML apps.
- Click + Add at bottom right.
- Click Set up my own custom app. The Google IDP Information window opens and the SSO URL and Entity ID fields automatically populate.
- Keep this window open and in a new window head over to CodeInterview's SSO settings page.
- Copy SSO URL and Entity ID fields from the Google page to Single Sign-On URL and Identity Provider Issuer fields in CodeInterview's page respectively.
- Download the Certificate from Google, open it as text file and copy the contents to CodeInterview's X.509 Certificate field.
- Click Save on CodeInterview's page.
- Click Next on Google's page.
- You will see the following screen:
- Enter "CodeInterview" in Application Name field and upload this image as a logo and then click Next.
- The next screen will ask for ACS URL, you can get this from the CodeInterview's SSO page:
- For the Entity ID field, enter "CodeInterview".
- Tick the "Signed Response" option and click Next.
- Click Finish and click OK.
After this, you probably want to enable this integration for your users, to do that:
- Click Edit Service under Google Admin Panel > Apps > SAML Apps > Settings for CodeInterview:
- Change the status to ON for everyone.
That's it! Your users can now log into CodeInterview directly from their Google Apps menu.