Snippets are code boilerplates which help you get started with real work without setting up code on every pad. You can start new pads from your code snippets or import them into an existing pad.
- To create a new snippet, click the Snippets button and then Create Snippet.
- This will open the snippet creator. Here you might want to name your snippet first.
- After that, you can start writing the boilerplate code for the language you will use.
Usually you want to have same snippet but in multiple languages.
Like a setup code for sorting an array, but you want to interview in C#, Java, and Python. Depending on the candidate, you want to quickly switch to his favorite language and still have some sorting boilerplate for that language already set up.
- To do this, you can just select another language and write the code for that language.
We will save all the different codes you wrote in all languages for this snippet.
- When you are done, click Save.
- Now you will see the list of your snippets. This list is shared with all your teammates. So you can all share a common snippet library.
- You can now create a new pad from your snippet by clicking the play button.
This will create a pad with this snippet preloaded. You can just change the language to another one and we will load the starter code you saved for that language.
That's it, if you any feedback about snippets please email us.